FIRST AND FOREMOST WE DO NOT TEMPERAMENT TEST IN OUR HOME. IT MUST BE DONE IN A NEW PLACE WITH A NEW PERSON THAT THEY HAVEN’T SEEN TO GET A TRUE READING. Our puppies are temperament tested at 7 weeks of age or 49 days. This is the absolute best time to test. At this age, the puppy’s brain waves are the same as an adult dog. Not all puppies will test the same, and the differences will assist in placing the puppy in the most appropriate environment. We start with the Volhard test and our tester adds to this list for working type dogs. In our case therapy, hunting and service dogs.
The tests are as follows:
1. Social Attraction – degree of social attraction to people, confidence or dependence.
2. Following – willingness to follow a person.
3. Restraint – degree of dominant or submissive tendency, and ease of handling in difficult situations.
4. Social Dominance – degree of acceptance of social dominance by a person.
5. Elevation – degree of accepting dominance while in a position of no control, such as at the veterinarian or groomer.
6. Retrieving – degree of willingness to do something for you. Together with Social Attraction and Following a key indicator for ease or difficulty in training.
7. Touch Sensitivity – degree of sensitivity to touch and a key indicator to the type of training equipment required.
8. Sound Sensitivity – degree of sensitivity to sound, such as loud noises or thunderstorms.
9. Sight Sensitivity – degree of response to a moving object, such as chasing bicycles, children or squirrels.
10. Stability – degree of startle response to a strange object.
This is amazing test and it really can tell a lot about your puppy.
How It Works
Deposit and Application Explained
We will review your application and reach out typically within 24 hours. After your application is reviewed we will contact you. We want to have a conversation with our buyers about their preferences for a future puppy and combine them with our knowledge of what puppies or litters have best suited families similar to yours. We will work together to decide which litter's reservation list is best for you.
Once you have talked to a member of HermeierDoodles through any of the above routes of contact and solidified which litter is best for you, place your $400 dollar nonrefundable deposit. This deposit comes out of the final price of your puppy. This deposit is nonrefundable but if fewer puppies are born than families on the reservation list, your deposit can be moved to a different Hermeier Doodle litter. Reservations on a first come first served basis, and families are added to reservation lists in order of when their deposits arrived. At the time of Pick up we will have you fill out the purchase agreement on our "Payment & Paperwork" page.